Shipping and Handling
Q : What do you charge for shipping and handling?
Standard shipping and handling is FREE anywhere in the world. However if you want expedited shipping you will have to pay extra for it. Please note that the Free Shipping offer doesn't apply to any products purchased under the Accessories Section. Shipping charges will apply. Shipping charges will be waived off only if the product is bought along with any product under the following categories - Sarees/Lehengas/Suits/Kurti.
Note - Please note that the FREE shipping doesn't apply during the sale and promotion periods. The extra shipping charges will be displayed while placing the order.
Q : How long does it take for the order to be delivered after I place my order?
While most orders are processed and dispatched within 10 days of receipt of payment, please provide up to 2-4 weeks for processing your order. Because most items are handcrafted with extreme care using traditional techniques, they may occasionally be in short supply. We will inform you immediately just in case we require more time for a particular item.
The total delivery time will depend on the following -
- Processing time - The time we take to process an order will vary depending on your order. Customizations / Alterations - If there are any alterations or customizations then it will add to the processing time. On an average the processing time for alterations and blouse stitching is 7-10 days. Processing time for customizations of products will depend on the kind of customization you want. We will notify you via email about the approximate processing time in case of customization.
- Shipping time - The shipping time will depend on the shipping option that you choose. Standard free shipping - The standard shipping time is around 8-10 business days. Express shipping - Express shipping time is around 4-5 business days. Note: Please note that the express shipping option only expedites the shipping time. The other processing times e.g. alteration time, fall-bidding time, stitching time, etc. will still remain the same. Also sometimes a product might be out of stock and will need some time to recreate. If you have any urgent requirement regarding getting a product before a certain date, then please either contact us before placing the order or notify us immediately after placing the order and let us know the date by which you must have the product and we'll let you know if the prducts can be delivered by that date.
- No deliveries will be made on weekends. We will make sure to get your product to you as soon as possible but in certain unavoidable circumstances, there might be unexpected delays in shipping your product (weather related or customs related issues). In such a case we will keep you informed regarding the status of your order via email.
Q : How do I know that my order has been dispatched?
We will send an instant e-mail with the information for the shipment of your order as soon as the order is handed over to the shipping company. We will also send the tracking number for the shipment so that customers can track their shipment on their own.
Q : How do I check the status of my order?
You can check the status of your order by logging into your account on www.aishwaryadesignstudio.com. Click on the ‘My Account’ tab and then click on ‘My Orders’. You will be able to see the status of your order there. Further we will also send you emails as your order status changes.
Q : Do you deliver world wide?
Yes we deliver worldwide to most countries. We have customers across all Major countries like USA, UK, Australia, Canada, South Africa, Mauritius, etc.
Q : Can I ship my order to multiple addresses?
We will ship all items of an order to the same address. If you wish to send items to different addresses then we request you to place them in different orders. You can store as many addresses as you want under shipping addresses in your My Account section.
Q : If I have someone in India can he/she pick up my items on my behalf?
Yes, we have multiple stores in Mumbai and Ahmedabad, India. Please choose the option “Pick-up from store” while checking out. Please send us an e-mail after placing the order with the information on which store you would like to pick-up your order from and name of the person who would be picking up the order. We’ll keep you informed on when the order is ready in that store for the pick-up.
Q : Do I have to pay customs duty at my end?
The VAT, Custom duty, any other taxes, etc. are not included in our ordering process but may be charged to you by your government. Many countries do not charge duty on garments for personal use. Other countries charge a very nominal duty. The international customers are responsible for any customs or duty fees levied by their country.
Exchange and Returns
Q : What is your exchange and return policy?
- We will exchange a product only if we have sent you a completely different product from the one that you ordered. We will pay for the shipping charges in this case. (Shipping charges will be reimbursed in the form of store credit.)
- If we ship out a product in the wrong size than the one that is specified in your order then we will exchange it for your correct size. We will pay for shipping charges both ways. (Shipping charges will be reimbursed in the form of store credit.)
- However if it is the same product that you ordered and if you ordered the wrong size then we will exchange the size for you. But in this case you will have to pay for shipping both ways that is shipping it to us and also return shipping.
- Products that have been customized or altered will not be exchanged. But many a times we have observed that customer(s) enter wrong measurements and need re-alterations for that perfect fit. Our in-house tailors will be happy to re-alter the outfit(s) once at no extra cost to you. You will only pay re-shipping charges (both ways). If you fall into this situation don’t worry, simply call or email us within 5 days of the purchase date and we will make sure that the issue is rectified.
- Used or worn products will not be exchanged at all.
- There will be no refunds provided in any case, only exchanges.
- Please note that the shipping charges can be reimbursed to you in the form of discount and/or Online store credit which you can utilize in your future online orders with us. We can not refund the return shipping charges.
- Please email us within 24 hours of delivery if you want to apply for an exchange stating the reason for exchange. We will have someone contact you asap.
- Do not ship any product back to us without getting a confirmation for exchange from us.
- We will email you detailed instructions on how to exchange your product once you receive our exchange confirmation.
Q : What is eligible for return / exchange?
The following products are eligible for exchange
- Completely different product is shipped from Aishwarya than the one that is ordered.
- Product shipped from Aishwarya is in a different size than the one that is ordered by the customer.
- Product was ordered in a wrong size by the customer. Customer will have to pay for return shipping.
- Products must be unused / unworn.
- There should be NO alterations and NO customizations done on the product.
Q : What if I used a promotion code to make my purchase?
Most promotion codes can only be applied once. So you will not be able to apply the same promotion code if you are exchanging the product.
Q : Can I cancel my order at anytime?
Please note that the orders once placed can’t be cancelled. However under some unusual circumstances, we might allow you to cancel your order. Please send us an e-mail with your order number and the reason for the cancellation and we’ll get back to you. There will be some cancellation charges (processing fees charged by credit card company, etc) that will apply. Also note that if the order has already been shipped or if the items ordered needed any alterations, then we won’t be able to cancel the order.
Q : What are the different payment options available?
Considering our Buyer and Customer requirements, Aishwarya offers you the widest range of payment options
- Paypal - Paypal is the leading global online payment company supporting a large number of credit cards, including Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover Card. You can also pay with your PayPal balance if you already have a PayPal account.
- Pay-in-Store - Want someone (a friend or a relative) in India to make the payment on behalf of you by visiting one of our many stores in India? Please check-out all of our stores mentioned in the Store Locations Page and then choose the option “Pay-in-store” while checking out. Please send us a separate e-mail with the order number and the store where he/she would be making the payment. Please note that we’ll start processing your order only after we receive the full payment.
- EBS - EBS is one of the leading Indian Payment gateway which accepts major credit cards such as VISA, Diner's Club and Master Card. Apart from that you can also pay by using your debit cards, Itz Cash Card and Internet enabled bank account (Only applicable for Indian banks).
Q : Can we pay in any other currency besides US Dollars?
No matter from which part of the world (except India) you place an order at www.aishwaryadesignstudio.com, the amount debited from your account will be in your local currency (approximately) equivalent to the US Dollar price of the item ordered. Please note that all currency conversions are estimated and the price that you see will be close to the actual price, but not necessarily the exact price of an item. The final price of an item is the INR value converted from the US$ price displayed on the site and is dependent on the exchange rate prevailing between the US$ and the Indian Rupee. This INR value is what is charged to the client, and is credited to AISHWARYA. Any difference between this amount and the amount on a client's credit card statement is attributed to bank charges/commission for currency conversion. AISHWARYA has no say or control in determining what these charges are and it is understood that the customer will bear these charges (if any).
Q : Are there any other hidden charges that I should be aware of?
There are no hidden charges. Any extra charges that we charge for example for expedited shipping or blouse/choli stitching will be clearly mentioned before any payments are made.
Q : Is my credit card information secure?
Aishwarya firmly ensures that our customers are provided with a secure and convenient payment system. To counter identity and other online thefts our payment systems support the use of Secure Socket Layers (SSL) protocol and 128-bit encryption technology. Further we do not share your your personal and credit card information with any third party.
Q : How do I use my promotion /coupon code?
Add the product that you like to the shopping cart. On the shopping cart page you will get the option to add the coupon code. Please note that if the coupon code is expired it will not work.
Q : How do I know my payment went through?
A confirmation email will be sent to you as soon as your payment goes through.
Q : If I have someone in India can he/she make the payment in India on my behalf and can you deliver it to me directly?
Yes we do have the option of your friend or relative in India making a payment to us for the order that you have placed online. Please choose the option “Pay-in-store” while checking out. Please note
that we’ll start processing your order only after we receive the full payment. We will ship the product to you once the payment has been received by us.
Measurements / Alterations / Stitching
Q : Will I be charged for alterations?
No. Alterations are provided FREE to our customers for Salwar Kameez, Gowns and Kurtis.
Q : Where do I submit my measurements for alterations?
In order to submit your measurements you must register on our website. Once you have registered you can log into your account and submit your measurements under the measurements tab in the My Accounts section of the web-site.
Q : How do I take my body measurements?
Once you log into your account click on the Measurements tab, we have a detailed chart explaining how to take measurements of all the required fields.
Q : Will my measurements be saved for future reference?
Yes you have the option of saving your measurements for future orders. However if you feel that your measurements might have changed from the last order then we request you to update them to the latest one so that we can provide you with the best fitting outfits.
Q : Can I save measurements for more than 1 person in my account?
Yes we also have the option of saving measurements for more than 1 person in your account. You can enter different names for different sets of measurements so that you know which measurements are for whom.
Q : How long will alterations take?
It depends on the amount of alterations/customizations to be done. However typically alterations should be done in 6-8 days. We’ll let you know in advance if there are any changes.
Q : Can I customize the style of blouse or choli?
Yes you have the option of customizing the blouse or choli pattern. You will need to email us in case you want a customized blouse designed and stitched from Aishwarya. Our in-house designers will come up with 3 options for the blouse / choli pattern based on which styles would go best with the saree and blouse piece and you can select the option of your liking.
Q : How long will it take to stitch a blouse or choli?
Stitching a blouse for your saree or lehenga choli from one of our designers will take about 8-10 days.
Q : What do I do if the altered / stitched product doesn’t fit me?
In the rare case that the altered or stitched product doesn’t fit you, we will be happy to redo the alterations / stitching for you. But you will have to pay for shipping the product to us and also return shipping back to you.
Q : Can I select a product that I like now and purchase it later?
Yes. You will need to register first on our website and log into your account to be able to add and edit products to your Wishlist. You can add the product to your Wishlist by clicking on the ‘Add to Wishlist’ button on the product page. You can click on your Wishlist and add the Item to the Shopping Cart once you are ready to purchase the item. You can also share the items from your Wishlist with your friends with the link provided on the Wishlist page.
Q : Are the matching jewelery and accessories shown in the picture included in the price of the product?
No the jewelry and accessories shown in the images are not included in the price. The price mentioned is only for the garments. However we have started with the jewelery and accessories section so you can buy the matching jewelery separately. We can also help you finding the matching items in case you have any difficulties for the same.
Q : Is the color and fabric exactly the same as shown in the images?
We firmly believe that all the customers who order online are aware that colors seen on a monitor will be slightly different as compared to the actual outfits. All color options offered on the net is an exercise to provide our customers with the maximum available choice of Aishwarya outfits. It is practically impossible for us to replicate the same colors on an outfit as seen on your monitor. A slight variation in the shade selected by you is considered as a normal practice as these garments have a tendency to reflect different shades of color under different light and medium.
Q : Would the work (stone, beads, zari, etc) be exactly the same as shown in the images?
The work of the product would be the same as mentioned on the web-site such as Tikki, Moti, Katdana, Zardosi, etc. However the customers must be aware that each and every product that we sell at AISHWARYA is hand made/crafted in the finest traditions of India's textile crafts. Some of the irregularities in the embroidery, print or work are characteristics of the hand-made process and beyond our control.
Q : What is the length and width of a saree?
Sarees standard length
is 5.30 meters to 5.50 meters (550 centimeters) and width
is approximately 1.11 meters (110 centimeters) excluding blouse fabric size 0.80 meter i.e. 1 meter extra.
Q : What is a petticot? Do you ship it with the saree?
A petticoat is an underskirt that needs to be worn with a saree. We do not sell petticot with the saree right now. However if you want, we can ship a matching petticoat with the saree but for an additional cost.
Q : What all services will you provide when I buy a saree? Complimentary
services provided when buying a saree include fall beading and finishing.
Services provided at an additional cost
- We can stitch a designer blouse and also send a matching petticoat for your saree at an additional cost. The cost for stitching will depend on the pattern of the blouse. The cost of the petticoat will depend on the fabric and size.
Q : What all services will you provide when I buy a salwar kameez or kurti? Complimentary
services provided when buying a salwar kameez or kurti include alterations as per your measurements so that you get the best possible fit of your new outfit.
Q : What all services will you provide when I buy a lehenga choli? Complimentary
services provided when buying a lehenga choli include alterations as per your measurements in case the lehenga choli is already stitched. Services provided at an additional cost
- If the lehenga choli is unstitched then we can stitch the lehenga and choli for you at an additional cost
Q : Are all the products shown on the web-site available at your physical store locations?
It depends on the product. While we do have most of the items shown on the web-site available at all of our stores; there are certain items which are available only on our web-site and not available in the stores. You can find many other similar items in the stores though.
Q : What is a gift card?
If you want to get a gift for someone but don't quite know what to choose, you might consider a gift card. It is also called gift certificate or gift voucher. A gift card allows the recipient to do his or her own shopping, getting themselves exactly what they need or want most.
Gift Cards purchased online can only be used on our website and can not be used at any of our store locations.
Q. How do I redeem my giftcard?
Add the product that you like to your Shopping Cart. There is an option to Add the Gift Card code on on the Shopping Cart page. Enter the Gift Cart code from your Gift Card and then click on ‘Add Gift Card’ button. If the Gift Card has sufficient funds then you can purchase the product using only the Gift Card. If there are not enough funds on the Gift Cards then you will have to make part of the payment using Gift Card and other part using any other payment method.
Q. How do I cancel the purchase of a Gift Card?
Gift Cards once purchased cannot be canceled.
Q. What exactly does the recipient receive when I send an Gift Card?
The recipient will receive an email informing that he/she has received a Gift Card from you with the amount for the Gift Card and the Gift Card Code. You can also write an optional message to the recipient in the same email.
Q.When does the Gift Card expire?
The Gift Cards have no expiry date and can be used anytime.
Q. Are there any fees associated with the Gift Card?
No. You will only be charged the face value of the Gift Card, and we will not impose shipping or any other fees at any time.
Q. What if I lose my eGift Card?
Email us as soon as possible and we will send you the Gift card code again. However please make sure that you keep the code secured since if it has been stolen and used then we will not be able to reimburse you for it.